9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Senior Network Engineer to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Establish system performance parameters and sample critical network and information processing
- Conduct network trend analysis and create reports and graphs monthly
- Sort and file network traffic based on source and destination internet protocol (IP) addresses as needed
- Establish baseline network configuration and performance parameters in support of unique ISR sensor data
- Conduct network analysis to ensure performance of the network
- Support design, installation, and integration of new routers and other equipment on the DPA
- Establish proper data flows between DCGS nodes
- Maintain network interface/port configurations, IP routing tables, firewall settings, filter tables, passwords, and performance controls
- Maintain version control of the router operating system software at Government direction
- Establish configuration and modification of device settings protecting the DCGS Security Boundary through Access Control Lists
- Manage and operate software applications at all sites required to conduct network management of the DPA
- Respond to hardware and software problems related to DPA equipment
- Coordinate with Government leads to optimize Campus Area Network (CAN) routers, switches, and cryptographic devices
- Install CAN/WAN equipment and develop and maintain documentation and drawings of all DPA
- Develop and enforce a comply-to-connect standard for the DPA
- Review all integration efforts to ensure engineering rigor and security practices are maintained across the DPA and advise Government leadership regarding any possible risks/concerns/improvements
- Process and implement all network service request’s (NSR) and security approved ports and services requests (PSR)
- Perform transition planning, integration, operations and maintenance (O&M) of ATM to Carrier
- Ethernet/OTN, to include out-of-band network management
- Develop and execute OTN test plan and procedures
- Review requirements provided by the DCGS Program Office to determine bandwidth, performance, and Controlled Interface (CI) settings for establishing network configuration baselines and provide input back to COR or designated representative within 7 days of receipt
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Network Infrastructure Management experience
- At least one of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
- VMware Certified Associate 6- Data Center Virtualization
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Network+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org