9th Way Insignia has a contingent opening for Configuration Management Architect to work in support of the Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO).
Responsibilities and Expertise
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated hands-on, expert level success in performing software configuration management for large, complex systems, including managing multiple concurrent and parallel development efforts. Expertise includes working with source code and documents, branching/merging, versioning, builds, authoritative source identification, baselines, traceability, repository management, and validation/verification/audits of all types. And developing materials to assist others in performing technical work.
- Demonstrated success supporting full systems lifecycles, including inception and/or requirements/stories, traceability methods, and functional and physical auditing, as well as developing/documenting change management and other processes to develop learning resources.
- Full-lifecycle configuration management, from product/software configuration item inception through end of life. Expertise integrating CM with lifecycle, development, and automation processes. Experience includes implementing configuration and automation management tools, processes, and DevSecOps/CI-CD methods. Expertise with Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC), DevSecOps practices, CI-CD frameworks, automation testing, and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Systems analysis expertise that includes analyzing, documenting, diagraming, and presenting detailed technical and business information. Expertise presenting information for analyses, training, documentation, presentations, and reports. Expertise in CM functional, technical, and operational analysis and management. Documented success in developing CM processes, architecture diagramming, solutions delivery, and repository management, as well as testing automation and CI/CD processes implementations.
- Expertise in supporting organizational program definition, documenting/training for programs, delivering services to technical and business customers, training delivery, providing ad-hoc CM assistance, and coaching/mentoring product lines, project teams, and experienced project configuration managers.
- Expertise using and implementing product management and configuration/lifecycle tools, such as Jira, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium, ServiceNow, and a wide variety of open source, CI/CD and repository tools.
- Expertise socializing frameworks and practices. Expertise using Azure DevOps to develop and manage dashboards and reporting. Knowledge of CI-CD, automation, and cloud concepts, as well as tools and cloud services to support them. Expertise in aggregating data, implementing dashboards, and communications applications.
- Ability to create both the big picture and details for organizational program analysis, estimate and/or participate in estimating, and strategize implementation alternatives for large systems programs and operations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a government contracting environment and managing competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields. An additional 5 years of relevant experience can substitute for the education requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S
This position offers remote flexibility. 9th Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com