9th Way Insignia has a contingent opening for Senior DevOps Engineer to work in support of the Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO).
Responsibilities and Expertise
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and automation within software processes, including product assurance, configuration management, and software testing
- Expertise in evaluating, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and testing software and systems
- Expertise supporting configuration management, software development, and software testing processes
- Expertise in framework design, software/systems development, pipeline structure/options, and automating processes, including systems analysis and identifying opportunities for automation, executing tests, and completing formal analyses as deliverables to be used by product development teams and management
- Expertise in developing frameworks for automated testing and assisting software testers in automating structured testing processes
- Expertise in software development and automation, with strong experience in systems engineering, integration, architecture, and Cloud services. Adept at troubleshooting and spotting technical and integration issues.
- Expertise in implementing, using and maintaining repositories and databases, such as SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Azure DevOps, and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) repositories
- Expertise with IT industry, CI/CD and open source tools, such as Jira, Selenium, Xray, Git, GitHub, Bash, Jenkins, OpenShift/Kubernetes, ServiceNow, Rancher, Docker, SonarQube, Terraform, Vagrant, JSON, Maven, Gradle, and ANT
- Expertise with open source technologies and cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Business and systems analysis expertise that includes analyzing, documenting, diagraming, and presenting detailed technical and business information
- Expertise presenting information for analyses, training, documentation, presentations, and reports
- Expertise in CM functional, technical, and operational analysis and management
- Documented success in developing processes, architecture diagramming, solutions delivery, and systems/operations management for implementations
- Ability to create both the big picture and details for organizational program analysis, estimate and/or participate in estimating, and strategize implementation alternatives for large systems programs and operations
- Ability to translate and/or document/diagram recommendations and deliverables for product assurance and CI/CD directions
- Ability to effectively identify priorities, work individually and within teams, and use team collaboration to devise complete solutions
- Demonstrates strong communications skills and the experience to translate technical needs in plain words for greater understanding both in discussion and documentation
- Demonstrates proficiency in using desktop tools, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and diagramming applications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a government contracting environment and managing competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields. An additional 5 years of relevant experience can substitute for the education requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S
This position offers remote flexibility. 9th Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com