9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Senior Software/System Architect to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Supports the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architectural principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or associate degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- Required Certification(s):
- CISSP, CASP or equivalent
- VCP Certification (1.vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course)
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org