9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Senior Configuration Manager to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for effectively tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against the developing and deployed baseline
- Develops, distributes, and tracks all change packages resulting from Configuration Control Board (CCB) approved action
- Trains personnel by conducting workshops and seminars on the proper methodology to maintain a proactive CM program
- Provides daily support and direction to staff as to change status requirements, deadlines, and problems
- Provides configuration management support to assigned projects
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems
- Identifies configuration items implements change control configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
- Works on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
- Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Tracks all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- BMC Remedy and Computer Associates (CA)
- Understand configuration management database (CMDB) principles.
- Experience with Leading ALM and Configuration Management tooling, such as JIRA, GitHub and Siemens Teamcenter INCOSE certification
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Scientific Discipline
- 10 or more years of experience Managing Configuration Analysis or Configuration Management teams and processes
- SAFe certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Masters level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Scientific Discipline
- ITIL 3.x certified
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org